The School receives 16-19 Bursary funding from the Education & Skills Funding Agency. The 16 to 19 Bursary Fund provides financial support to help students overcome specific barriers to participation so they can remain in education.

To be eligible to receive a bursary the student must be aged 16 or over but under 19 at 31 August.

Full details of the scheme are available here on the Education & Skills Funding Agency website.

Calday Sixth Form students aged 16-19 who might struggle with the cost of full-time education can apply to receive a Calday 16-19 Bursary in one of three categories:

Category 1 (Vulnerable Bursary for Defined Groups): £1,200 per annum paid in instalments.

  • 16-19 students who are looked after by the Local Authority
  • 16-19 students who are Care Leavers
  • 16-19 students in receipt of Income Support, or Universal Credit in place of Income Support, in their own right
  • 16-19 students in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit and Disability Living or Personal Independence Payments in their own right 

Category 2 (Discretionary): £1,000 per annum paid in instalments.

  • 16-19 students who are in receipt of Free School Meals at any point in their Sixth Form studies will be invited to apply for a bursary. If you wish to apply for Free School Meals please click here.

Category 3 (Discretionary): Up to £800 per annum, this may be paid in instalments.

  • Bursary awards will be targeted towards 16-19 students facing financial barriers to participation, such as the cost of transport, meals, books and equipment. If the student’s gross household income is below £25,000 (2022/23) and/or in receipt of an ‘income based benefit’, they may be eligible for a discretionary bursary.

Students may be awarded one bursary only per academic year based upon their individual circumstances.

Applicants, in either category, for the Calday 16-19 Bursary Fund should read the information about the Calday 16-19 Bursary Fund and complete the Bursary Application Form.

Advice on completing the Application Form can be obtained from the Finance Office in person or by email

Skip to content